• Barry Brown
    29 December 2013 at 16:46 #50596

Can someone please tell me if there was originally wood between the brackets and the metal running board? I was just looking at what appears to be an original 1937 Bentley saloon on Ebay and it clearly shows wood supports, just wondering if Lagonda’s approach was similar.

Julian Messent
    30 December 2013 at 10:37 #50599

Hi,
    Yes,
    there is basically what you would call a plank of wood running the length of the running boards on most Lagondas.

Regards,
    Julian

DavidLG45
    30 December 2013 at 13:26 #50600

Maybe similar to LG45s?
    LG45s have a large piece of 9 mm ply bent up to follow the contour with packing pieces as necessary on the brackets.

bill
    30 December 2013 at 17:29 #50602

Yes there was wood and I think there was a good reason for this. It enables one to fix the wing to the wood with screws wherever you need to directly underneath the thin rubber “treads”. Thus none of the screws are seen afterwards – as they might break through the paint. If you had to fix the running board directly to the brackets you would have less options and it would be quite difficult to hit the bracket exactly where you wanted to. This is from my own practical experience. Anyone else agree on this point ??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.