• rdesalis
    16 October 2018 at 14:59 #52890

Thanks Colin – interesting thought. I think there is something wrong though. It has only developed this trait in the last few years. The clutch stop unfortunately cannot stop it, as the drag is so high, however it is adjusted. I wonder if part of the lining could be coming away.

16 October 2018 at 18:58 #52891

The slotted drive plate may have slightly distorted through riding the clutch.
    When the engine warms at higher revs above idle speed the distortion may just increase sufficiently to foul the linings…..or could your clutch stop be out of adjustment and causing the problem? To rule this out adjust it right back so it has no effect and see if the change problem is still there when driving without it.
    Hope this helps
    Mark

Tim Green
    26 January 2023 at 17:01 #59380

Just wanted to say how useful this thread was when replacing my 2L clutch recently. As suggested, I did need to raise the engine to get the thing out although I still had at one point to remove a couple of the studs to wrangle the aluminium casting out from between engine and crossmember. All done now thankfully although bizarrely I am left with the clutch brake pushrod resting on the crossmember and vibrating so may need to raise the engine a bit as Peter S30 did.

M C Whitehouse
    8 February 2023 at 17:24 #59723

I have experienced a similar problem, on maximum depression of the clutch pedal the driven plate rivets made contact with the split pins on the bolts  securing the crank shaft to the flywheel and effectively created enough drag to stop the clutch brake from working.

As for getting the clutch assembly out of the car I gave up and  extracted the individual components before  putting it all back together the same way.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.