• TVJL
    7 January 2017 at 00:18 #52224

If anyone can help or has a lead on a good, or at least salvageable, M45 crankcase, I’d be very grateful for a PM please. It’s for a new project (as if I needed one 😀 ).

Happy New Year.

Tim

bill
    7 January 2017 at 09:08 #52225

I think that there was one advertised on EBay a few weeks ago – or was it LG45. Is there a difference ?

TVJL
    7 January 2017 at 11:17 #52226

I missed that Bill, damn it.

Re you question, I’m no kind of expert. However, I think that the crankcase may well be different. On the LC website, reference the new blocks, it is said;

“Lagonda upgraded this cylinder block several times during the years following its introduction in 1933. In particular, the method of fixing it to the crankcase was progressively strengthened. In order to be sure that we send you the correct configuration for your car (which may have been altered since it was new), please contact the Spares Officer, who will send you details of the exact information that we require.”

I do not need a new block for my latest project. But, ….

Regards,

Tim

bill
    7 January 2017 at 13:09 #52227

Tim, did it actually sell ? Last time I looked there had not been any bids.

TVJL
    7 January 2017 at 16:42 #52228

Well, I can’t see it listed on eBay, Bill. Did you happen save a link to it by any chance? (I don’t know how to find ‘old’ eBay listings as some people seem able to dredge up somehow.)

bill
    8 January 2017 at 17:02 #52229

I dont have a link but this seems to be the way to find old listings :-
    Go to the Search page. …
    Click the Advanced Search tab.
    Enter your search keywords and other search options (if desired).
    Click the “Completed Items” checkbox offered in the section Refine your search.
    I hope this helps.
    By the way I have sent a reply to your message about the wings. They are still available.

TVJL
    8 January 2017 at 18:45 #52230

HI Bill,

Thanks for the eBay listing recovery tips – I’ll try them. Thanks also for the ‘heads up’ on your email (found, spam folder).

Atb,

Tim

TVJL
    8 January 2017 at 18:58 #52231

Postscript :

I may just be hopeless at eBay searching. However, I have tried various combinations of search and can find no reference using various combinations of key words ‘Lagonda’ and ‘crankcase’ and ‘LG45’ / ‘M45’.

bill
    9 January 2017 at 18:50 #52234

I have also had a very good, long search and cant find it either. Sorry !

Julian Messent
    10 January 2017 at 09:11 #52235

Hi Tim,

We can supply basically any and all parts for the Meadows 6 cylinder engine,
    Most parts off of the shelf.
    You should see some of our adverts coming out later this year.
    New maybe a bit pricey for you but to be honest the extra strength and quality will pay off in the end.
    Anyway, parts are available if the second hand search fails.

As a foot note and may be of interest to others.
    HCS has just taken over as new owners of Formhalls Vintage, White Metaling and engineering services.
    After a very good relationship with Terry Formhalls of more than 20 years Terry and I had always hoped we could work more closely together, so now that Terry is a ‘little older’ we have taken over the reins to allow Terry to relax a little. Terry will carry on as usual at the workshop to add his considerable expertise and experience, but will not have the strains associated with owning and running what has now become a sizeable company.
    I hope we as a team can help our fellow Lagonda owners further into the future.

Best regards,
    Julian

Colin M34
    10 January 2017 at 18:08 #52239

Hi Julian,

Interested to hear the news about HCS and Formhalls. As you know I am a satisfied customer. My M45 had white metalling by Formhalls and runs very nicely with LMB steel rods. I was very pleased with their service.

With the new ownership, have other members of the management team remained as well?

Colin M34

Tim Parker
    10 January 2017 at 18:29 #52240

Hi TVJL

I might be able to help with an M45 crankcase. PM’d yesterday but not sure if it got through!

Kind regards
    Tim Parker

TVJL
    10 January 2017 at 23:05 #52242

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting. I haven’t received a PM from you but I’ve sent you one.

Regards,

Tim Ludbrook

Julian Messent
    11 January 2017 at 07:32 #52243

Colin M34 wrote: Hi Julian,

Interested to hear the news about HCS and Formhalls. As you know I am a satisfied customer. My M45 had white metalling by Formhalls and runs very nicely. I was very pleased with their service.

With the new ownership, have other members of the management team remained as well?

Colin M34

Thanks Colin,

Yes, the whole team is staying (the guys are great so it really is important to keep the workforce as is) and nothing really changing other than adding my contacts and HCS backing, we will be pushing some of our engine rebuilds to Formhalls and due to their size we are aiming to offer a “fast track” White metalling service if people genuinely need things done fast.
    The nice side effect of Terry being less loaded with hassles of ownership is that he will have more time to oversee quality control etc and therefore make sure we have a constant stream of happy and satisfied customers.
    Thanks for the kind words Colin and hope we can help everyone in the future.

Best regards,
    Julian

bill
    11 January 2017 at 09:21 #52244

Really good to know this Julian. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.