• SRD
    16 May 2012 at 20:01 #49111

On LR126, underneath the heater /cooler unit, are three additional switches, anyone any ideas what they might be for ? Picture taken with the radio removed.

Attached files

rapidelover
    17 May 2012 at 18:13 #49123

I think that the knob is possibly a speaker balance for the radio, if it’s had a second speaker fitted. Switch could be for anything, and the button… maybe it’s a starter button?

SRD
    17 May 2012 at 18:22 #49125

Thank you for your assistance.

Another very helpful owner has directed me as follows :

1. Knurled knob to the left is speaker balance, front to back.

2. Middle non-standard switch – unknown

3. Far right push button is for the petrol filler cap release.

The Rapide does not have a starter button, it has an ignition key and choke which is needed when starting from cold.

SRD
    22 May 2012 at 08:51 #49195

After trawling the net today, I believe the middle “mystery” switch maybe for my radio aerial, but stand to be corrected of course ?

David
    22 May 2012 at 09:42 #49196

If memory serves, and if your car has the Motorola radio with the illuminated Lagonda text behind the frequency range, then the aerial should go up when the radio is switched on and down when off. So if no Motorola, then I can understand need for separate aerial switch

SRD
    22 May 2012 at 12:33 #49197

David – many thanks, will have to wait a little while until I find out, so could still be a surprise still.

Christian
    22 May 2012 at 20:03 #49198

I think it has a Motorola, but without the illuminated Lagonda badge…correct model though – 707?

SRD
    24 May 2012 at 14:24 #49225

An excellent memory I see from just one look at the car….

Yes it has the original fitment Motorola 707 I believe as specified on Build Sheet. I have not removed it yet, to test it or see if it has the illuminated Lagonda.

TVJL
    24 May 2012 at 19:00 #49228

It has the Lagonda motif – you don’t need power to see it.

Attached files

David
    24 May 2012 at 19:16 #49230

Not all Rapide 707 radios have the Lagonda motif though

TVJL
    24 May 2012 at 19:39 #49232

Oh, agreed. It’s just that this is a photograph of the radio in Simon’s car. 😀

SRD
    24 May 2012 at 20:10 #49236

I had put my radio away in box and forgotten about it to be honest. Once I started undoing the dash and lower access panels, and checking / mapping the loom, against that, another very kind Rapide owner supplied from the DB4 work-shop manual.

There are a quite few subtle differences, even on something as straightforward as the ignition relay.

I have pulled the radio out from storage and thanks for this now “rather old picture of my radio” – Spot on Tim, the Lagonda logo is clearly visible on my radio. Good clear picture, don’t know how you got that, in the very poor light in that garage, well done, will add it my file, thank you !

I will take the top and front off and try and get a good picture or two, for those who would like to copy this lagonda logo, and will also supply dimensions as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.