• Richard Branch
    2 January 2016 at 16:06 #51659

Some 20 years ago my car was possibly owned by one of the directors of a company called Hockley Tools in Birmingham. I say possibly because I have not established if it was actually owned by the company or the individual. However, I understand Hockley Tools made jigs & tracks for the Longbridge production line at the time of the Austin Maxi. It became the property of a Mr Harold Cross who was a senior manager at Longbridge (allegedly) in exchange for him placing contracts with Hockley Tools. 😉

I am also told that Hockley Tools restored and sold Lagondas as a side line. Anyone on here remember them dealing or working on lagondas back then?

4 January 2016 at 16:05 #51661

Richard,
    I can confirm that Hockley Tools Ltd were not Lagonda Dealers but were suppliers of tooling and patterns to Longbridge.
    I believe they still exist as Hockley Pattern and Tool Co Ltd but doubt there would be anyone still there who can help with your enquiries
    I don’t have answers to your questions about the alleged history of your 16/80 but do have a lot of info on Longbridge and can point you in the right direction to obtain more info. I also had contact with the previous owner several years ago.

Give me a call. You will find me under Y2 in the register

Best Regards
    Mark

Richard Branch
    4 January 2016 at 20:35 #51662

Hello Mark,
    Thanks for your reply, Dennis Norton thought that Hockley Tools may have had a side line going in restoring cars, perhaps a hobby of one of the directors? Either way I will give you a call, it would be good to talk it through.
    Kind regards
    Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.