• Patrick1
    6 April 2008 at 15:14 #47251

Hi,
    I think Hammish Moffatt did the most impressive driving ever done with a Lagonda, from London to Cape Town.
    Are there any artikels or pictures about this? Is it still the oldest car ever what drove through the sahara?

Groeten,
    Patrick

Patrick1
    17 February 2009 at 14:26 #47519

found one, thanks to the Automobile. But were are the rest????? must be somewere? As this is , I presume, the biggest effort a Lagonda has ever done.

Groeten,
    Patrick

Colin M34
    17 February 2009 at 21:30 #47521

Hi Patrick,

I can’t match Hamish’s efforts, but I did once drive my 12/24 for 300 miles in one day. It took me 10 hours but it was not too tiring because they are such a pleasure to drive. However I sold it many years ago because I graduated to the ‘bigger’ Lagondas which are equally good to drive.

The biggest problem with the 12/24 is big end lubrication but that is another story for now.

Colin M34

Patrick1
    18 February 2009 at 20:17 #47527

Hi Colin ,
    I even don’t think about it to do the same as Hamish Moffatt. Do you know if he made a report about this “trip” ? But 300 miles in one day, I know were you are talking about. Time goes fast on those days.

Bigger Lagondas equely good to drive????? Is it???…. 😆 😆
    No, without joking, thats something else.
    But you are right even in the lightcar generaton the driving quality was already there.

Groeten
    Patrick

alanelliott
    7 March 2010 at 18:49 #47756

there was an excellent article on Hamish Moffat’s journey through Africa in one of the early Club magazines. Colin Bugler has a big stock of old magazines for sale.

Patrick1
    7 April 2012 at 11:27 #48901

a bit of late response of 3 years, but here it is:

Google “Hamish Moffat” and you find more info
    or just use this link:

Link dedicatet to Hamish Moffatt

Thanks to the Moffatt family for making this site.

Groeten,
    Patrick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.