• Thomas K
    10 June 2014 at 14:18 #50885

Dear Lagonda – enthusiasts,
    first sorry about my bad english but it?s a long time ago i speak english.
    i want to sell the book from Bernd Holthausen; Lagonda – Die 4,5 Liter Wagen des W.O. Bentley. It?s a limited edition numbered
    0631/1000, blue cloth-bound German edition. The book is new, it was standing in my libary, complete with cloth slip-case.

If somebody wants to have it please make me an offer.
    Kind regards
    Thomas
    P.S. So i hope everything is o.k. with the forum rules

Thomas K
    25 June 2014 at 13:22 #50914

Hello again,
    a short information, the book is not sold. If somebody want to have further information, please contact me.

Kind regards
    Thomas

Colin M34
    25 June 2014 at 19:37 #50917

Folks,

I have copy number 0152, which bought off eBay. This might be the best place sell it.

Mine is also the German edition, so as a Brit I have the discipline of using the German I learnt as an engineering student at university. Thanks to Google translation, I enjoy doing this and I would always encourage Lagonda owners to buy a copy. I love mine.

Colin M34

TVJL
    29 June 2014 at 13:40 #50922

I certainly cherish my English language copy. 🙂

I imagine that everyone knows the story as to how they became a disproportionate rarity on the Palawan roster?

Rod Amos
    30 June 2014 at 02:57 #50923

No, I don’t. Please tell. I too cherish my copy, it is a thing of great beauty and is a delight to pick up and read from time to time.

TVJL
    2 July 2014 at 05:34 #50924

So the story goes, those responsible for binding Palawan’s wonderful books (at the time) had hired someone new. During the course of a general clear up, the individual concerned managed to throw away some of the unbound elements of a substantial part of the English language book’s run. There was some deliberation as to whether a reprint should be undertaken (only part of each volume was lost). However, for reasons it would be better not to rehearse, it was decided not to take this path. Hence, whilst the edition number remained the same, the number of the books that actually went to market was significantly reduced.

Thomas K
    7 October 2014 at 10:09 #51022

Hello,
    the last chance to get the book in the forum, than i take it in the auction to Bonhams. Special Price EUR 450,- + Delivery.

Thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.