• Peter Reeves
    12 April 2008 at 11:15 #47262

Hi All. Heater control unit. My heater control unit on the inlet to the heater water tank will not move but not leaking. I?m reluctant to force it. Has anybody any ideas as to replacement unit or a fix. May be it?s the same unit as the DB2-4?. If I strip it does it have seals or replaceable parts and can I sill obtain them? 8-|
    Peter

Attached files

Peter S30
    19 April 2008 at 18:20 #47281

Peter,

not a real answer to your question but may be gives ideas: here is my heater valve, looks not as nice as yours..
    See the to rubber sheets that somebody has put in. It seems it can be opened and than you need new seals or the rubber sheet as sort of a membrane. And it seems difficult to get a replacment part so somebody made this himself

Attached files

Colin M34
    20 April 2008 at 08:22 #47284

Hi Folks,

I had a look at a DB 2-4 the other day and it looks like the same unit. And guess what…..this one was seized up as well!

Colin

Peter Reeves
    27 April 2008 at 21:49 #47324

Many thanks all! I think i will leave well alone as I dont want it leaking. May be I will contact John Woodward and see if he has an old one which we can pull apart and see what makes it tick!

Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.