• Igor Cerutti - C36
    13 June 2012 at 12:00 #49331

Hi,

My 2 Litres Speed Model is fitted with 2x Zenith 36 UH carburetors since new.

Present I?ve got a jet?s setup of:

– Main : 90
    – Compensator : 125
    – Slow running : 55

Currently I?m running Newman?s cam?s.

I?m not very happy with setup mainly for two reasons:

– Running to reach during the summertime (hot air)
    – At high revs, above 4000 rpm?s the car have some hesitation doing quickly more (I would like to reach 4500 rpm?s without hesitation)

Does anyone know or has a better experience than my ?
    Does anyone know the setup of the former Lagonda 2 Litres Works cars using twin Zenith ?

Any advice or experience is highly appreciated.
    Thank you very much
    Best Regards
    Igor

Julian Messent
    14 June 2012 at 11:45 #49336

Dear Igor,
    Unless you have modern type steel connecting rods at least and prefferably a modern counterweighted steel crank also, then you would be EXTREMELY ill advised to go more than 3750 rpm on a regular basis!!
    Your standard rods have a thickness smaller than your little finger at the small end and this added to a “mean” piston speed of over 3500 feet per minute, and a peak of over 5800!!, you are asking for your engine to do a very good impersonation of a hand grenade!

I hope this elevates the need to re-jet your carburettors which must be working well for you to be able to get to 4000+ in the first place!

Regards,
    Julian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.