• Christian
    10 February 2014 at 16:35 #50674

So do you know what the price to the buyer was? I was told ?160 was the hammer price but obviously a mistake. ?160K seems quite good after what you’ve said, plus if you add fees etc I guess it’s much higher.

David
    10 February 2014 at 18:45 #50675

Thanks SRD for your observations on the car, any idea of the buyer’s ID? I agree Paris is a wonderful city, I used to visit for work every week 1998-2006 approx. Trust you stayed somewhere suitably extravagant for your anniversary, on which congratulations! It’s also a place where you can regularly see AM and Lagonda Wedges parked on the street but the largest collection of these is in the private car park under one of the Parcs

SRD
    10 February 2014 at 19:01 #50676

David hi

We went in on the Thursday to view the car for ca. 30-40 minutes and then we were off; that was enough to get a good impression of the car.

As you know I am trying to get as up to date pictures on every car which is findable. Sorry, not there for the sale on Friday, that might have been pushing the boat out a bit…

Buyers Premium is a hefty 16% plus 20% VAT on this figure….

I used to work in Paris a lot as well, wonderful place, and yes we stayed somewhere special.

BTW, I had thought the largest collection of Wedges was in Potters Bar, that was substantial when I last looked; are you suggesting there is a larger collection ?

David
    10 February 2014 at 20:01 #50677

Sorry ambiguous comment by me: the largest assortment of AM&L in Paris is under the Parc, as well as Ferrari, Maser, Jensen, RR&B, American cars, historic French, German, all sorts. One of 5 or 6 such stores around the city, fabulous!

SRD
    10 February 2014 at 20:12 #50678

David – very well informed as usual. Before I go next time, will email you for further details, sounds as though it as a must do trip!

SRD
    10 March 2014 at 18:33 #50721

LE128 has been purchased by a private investment company in Switzerland, who also own LR138.

They are spending money improving both cars.

Perhaps they may be looking to increase their fleet.

Christian
    14 March 2014 at 12:28 #50742

They could buy 133…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.