• Richard Branch
    3 August 2017 at 12:28 #52435

Chaps, the gearbox in my 16/80 recently started making a loud whine when easing off the throttle. It sounds as it always has done when accelerating or under power but the instant I lift off or coast it whines. It has certainly become loud enough for me think it?s not normal.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Thanks Rich…

3 August 2017 at 12:47 #52436

I would start by checking the propshaft.
    Recently replaced the prop on my 2 Litre with a new item with modern Hardy Spicer universal joints. The car is certainly quieter and an annoying vibration has disappeared.
    Best regards
    Mark

Richard Branch
    3 August 2017 at 13:15 #52437

Thanks Mark, that’s on the list of jobs, it’s just that today it became more noticeable…

John Stubbs
    6 August 2017 at 19:21 #52444

and of course, you’ve checked the oil levels in the ‘box and axle…
    JS

Colin M34
    6 August 2017 at 20:46 #52445

Hi Richard,

Jumping across from the facebook page, can you look whether your manual box replacement for the ENV 110 is a “Z” or and “OH” box? They both fit but I would like to see pictures of your chassis as well

If you lift the floor and take a photo which you can post on this or the Facebook site, I can tell you which one you have. If it is an OH box it might be the layshaft bearings which I replaced on my box.

Colin

Richard Branch
    10 August 2017 at 22:10 #52452

Hi Colin, it’s a Z Type box, I’ve put some pictures on the Lagonda FB page. Cheers Rich…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.