• TVJL
    12 December 2007 at 18:38 #47025

Hi everyone,

I am currently restoring my DB 3 litre Mark 2 saloon. I am in desperate need of a few parts.

First, for some strange reason, even though it is very complete and original (with only a couple of owners from new), my car is missing the valances (or whatever they are called) that should lie, front and rear, between the bumpers and the body. Ideally, I’d like to get my hands on some originals. Failing this, I’m sure that I could get these things made up quite easily if had some patterns to follow.

Secondly, my outer wheel trims are in a dreadful state – rusted though for the most part. I need a new set – either good originals or patterns.

Lastly, my steering wheel has seen better days. Some of the bakalite is cracking and breaking off and the chrome on the spokes is lifting and coming off in patches. I need either a good replacement or rthe contact details of someone who can repair it properly.

If anyone can help me, I would be delighted to hear from them.

Tim

Tim Wadsworth
    12 December 2007 at 20:36 #47027

Why not give Alan Heard a ring. He is the Club’s co-ordinator for post war cars and I am sure will help if he can. 020 8554 8938 or e-mail [email protected]

TVJL
    13 December 2007 at 13:44 #47037

Hi Tim W, Thanks for that thought. I have, in fact, spoken to Alan about these things a while back. Unfortunately, he couldn’t help. Tim L

Peter Reeves
    18 January 2008 at 18:31 #47124

Try John Woodward here is his e-mail address
    [email protected]

Peter

john
    28 January 2008 at 16:10 #47163

Hi I probably can help on all three items contact me at [email protected] John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.