• DouglasWFox
    20 July 2018 at 14:35 #52844

Can anyone help with a handle for a SkyHi jack?

bruce carey
    22 October 2018 at 14:53 #52915

Before i have these made….Does anyone know where to acquire new brake & clutch pedal pads for a 38 ??

thanks

bill
    24 October 2018 at 17:49 #52918

These are actually quite easy to make up if you have access to a small lathe. You just need to machine up the little end which inserts (by weld or braze) in the end of a piece of decent thick walled tube. Copy an original if you can get access to one. Doesn’t take too long. Then leave it outside for a couple of months in the winter and it will soon look like an original one !

Stephen Matthews
    24 October 2018 at 18:00 #52919

I agree they are relatively easy to manufacture, the original handles I have are solid and the length varies depending on where they were fixed originally. I came back from an auto jumble about 15 years ago proudly bearing a SkyHi jack and handle only to find the handle was too short to slot into the clips along the bonnet hinge! The joy of our cars.

Colin M34
    25 October 2018 at 19:13 #52922

Hi Stephen,

Perhaps the handle was for a HC 2 Litre where the bonnet is shorter and so the clips are closer together.

Were the handles originally nickel plated?

Colin

Colin M34
    25 October 2018 at 19:14 #52923

Hi Stephen,

Perhaps the handle was for a HC 2 Litre where the bonnet is shorter and so the clips are closer together.

Colin

h14
    26 October 2018 at 13:30 #52924

Bruce,

Do you mean the pedal, which I think is cast bronze, or the rubbers for them? A pedal or maybe a pair were advertiserd on ebay a few months ago, at a daftly expensive start price, so I doubt they sold. Someone did make the rubbers many years ago (1980s), not aware of a supplier today.

Colin,
    I think the SkyHi jack is a postwar Lagonda item. Perhaps they did make them for 2 Litres!

Laurence

Stephen Matthews
    26 October 2018 at 16:21 #52925

Colin M34 wrote: Hi Stephen,

Colin

Colin, I hadn’t thought about a 2-Litre. Certainly both mine are nickel plated although well worn now, but I like the patina.
    Stephen

Colin M34
    27 October 2018 at 17:45 #52926

By the way, “Stadium” relates to Wembley Stadium, co-located with the British Empire Exhibition which ran from April 1924 to 1925. The exhibition included several “palaces” of Engineering, Industry and Arts. These were major structures which then became industrial units.

Take a look at http://www.classic-british-car-jacks.uk

Cheers Colin

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.