• Mike Southgate
    12 September 2022 at 09:26 #58090

Hello,

While the engine is out of the LG6 being rebuilt, inspection of the engine mounts reveals that they are past their best. Does anyone know whether replacements are available? I wasn’t able to find anything in club spares.

The rear mounts pressed into the crankcase appear to be a silent bloc type – outer and inner steel annuli with rubber in between. The fronts are a different arrangement.

Any help or advice is appreciated,

Thanks, Mike

Mike Southgate
    27 September 2022 at 21:51 #58250

To follow up on this, here are some pictures of the mounts on the engine and the chassis.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike Southgate
    27 September 2022 at 21:58 #58255

And some more…

The rear mounts are straight forward, the isolating element is pressed into the crankcase and mates directly with the bracket on the chassis.

The fronts are different, in that the isolating element is part of the chassis mount. The rubber looks to be an inverted hat-shape, with the “brim” sitting between the chassis and the mount.

Apologies for the filthy state of things in the photos, it’s the first time the engine has been out to my knowledge in 56 years of my family’s ownership.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    D R Hine
    28 September 2022 at 21:32 #58305

Have a look at RBR 410 under M45/LG45 / Rest of Meadows engine

I think you will need two of these

David

L C Hannam
    29 September 2022 at 11:11 #58311

Hi Mike,

Same mounts on my LG6. RBR410 certrainly wouldn’t replace the rear mountings, but hopefully it will those at the front. The 4 bolt holes appear correct, but I’d ask spares for a side view to ensure it is compatible. These mounts can look pretty ropey, inevitable after 80 odd years and exposure to oil. That said, the rubber internally is usually still  good and viable. However, if the rubber has separated from the steel  core or the outer housing, as seems to be the case at least with one of your rear mountings, then you have no choice but to replace them. I have a recollection that, many years ago (maybe around 2000) a member, quite possibly in Australia, made or proposed to make the rear mountings. Might be worth checking old Newsletters!

Laurence

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.