• TVJL
    3 October 2011 at 08:50 #48500

Dear Aunt Lag,

I’m always keen to get these things right – in the Lagonda world as much as anywhere else. So, imagine my disconcertion when a well-known(ish) pre war trader type and sometime Lagonda fancier referred to the ‘M Four Five’ in conversation. Is he right? Have I been getting it wrong, blithely, for years by calling things ‘M Forty Five’ and ‘LG Forty Five’?

Yours (red faced),

Tim

DavidLG45
    3 October 2011 at 10:33 #48501

Well I say “Forty Five”. I know some say “Four Five”.

I’ve never know which is right, or whether there is a right.

David

Barry Brown
    3 October 2011 at 12:24 #48502

I guess it depends on the origin of the number . If it refers to 4.5 litre displacement Meadows than I suppose “four five ” would be more appropriate.

Julian Messent
    5 November 2011 at 08:46 #48537

Morning Barry,

I personally have always said, 45 and will carry on doing regardless of others, I think the “Four Five” crew is led by the young fresh faced auction college dropouts trying to be “in the know” πŸ˜€ Don’t blame them for not knowing better, just pity them πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Generally in other marques and also in the trade, “Four Five” or “Three Four or Four and a Half” refers to a chassis on one, say a 3 litre Bentley with an engine from another, say a 4 or 4,1/2 litre Bentley hence Three Four etc. So as we Lagonda’s don’t have a 4 litre or a 5 litre we should stick with the “45” nomenclature!

julian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Request to join the Lagonda Forum

To avoid rogue requests we are currently manually approving all forum applications. Please fill out your details below and we will forward a link and password to complete your application.