1) This Policy sets out how Lagonda Club Limited (the Club) collects, uses and protects any information that members give to the Club about themselves and their cars, in conformity with the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA).
2) The Club is committed to ensuring that members’ privacy is protected and that any personal information will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
3) This is a revision of the Policy introduced in May 2018 and will be effective from 1 Feb 2021. Any further changes will also be announced before implementation.
4) The Club collects information (the Information) about each member, covering their name (and partner’s name where given), membership number, postal address, telephone number(s), email address, credit/debit card details, and the fact that they own their specific Lagonda(s). This is the only personal data collected by the Club. From time to time the Club may contact members to confirm that the Information that it holds on them is accurate.
5) The Club also collects information on Lagondas, including the model, body type, registration number, date of first registration, car number and engine number of each car. The Club expects members to provide this information on joining the Club, and to update this on request at reasonable intervals.
6) In addition to the information in 5) above, the Club collects as much information as possible (including photographic) about each Lagonda and its condition, from members and from other sources, in order to build upon the Club’s historical archive.
Register of Members
7) In order to enable easy communication amongst the Club’s members, the Club publishes, to members only, a Register, which includes, for each member, the member’s name (and partner’s name where given), membership number, their abbreviated address (town/city, county/state, country), telephone number, email, and car details as in 5), above. This Register is published in hard copy and (from 1 May 2021) on the Club’s password-protected website. Summarized details of new members are published in the Club’s Newsletter. A member who wishes to restrict publication of this Information, or to update it, should contact the Membership Secretary.
8) No Information that is not included in the Register will be used in the Club’s publications to members (including the Magazine and the Newsletter), without their written permission.
9) One of the Club’s declared purposes is to build a complete history of each car, including names of current and previous owners. We may, therefore, keep limited personal data (name, postal address) indefinitely, as this is necessary in order to maintain these records.
10) Information in 5) and 6) above is kept indefinitely, in line with the declared purpose of the Club.
11) A member’s record will be deleted from the electronic form of the Register within six months from the date on which their membership expired.
12) Credit/debit card details provided to the Club are used only for the transaction concerned, and are not retained by the Club.
Keeping your personal data secure
13) No information about a member, or any that links them to a specific Lagonda that they own, will ever be published to a non-member or to any third party without the member’s written permission, unless the Club is legally required to do so.
14) The Club will share with bona fide (in the Directors’ reasonable opinion) enquirers information about individual cars, but it will not disclose any information about the current owner of any car without the owner’s written permission.
15) Members are expected to maintain strict confidentiality regarding information about other members and their cars, and to adhere to the Club’s policy in this matter. Members’ Information must never be used for business purposes. Any breach of this policy will be taken very seriously by the Club and may lead to termination of membership.
16) The Club is committed to ensuring that members’ Information is kept secure, and it has taken steps to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, particularly where electronic data is concerned. Security measures will be reviewed, as available technology evolves, and improvements will be made where reasonable.
17) Members have all of the rights granted to them under the DPA, including access to their personal data, the right to change or delete it, and, in the event of a dispute, to require that it be restricted. To exercise any of these rights, a member should contact the Club’s Data Protection Officer, who is the Membership Secretary and who can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the Club’s registered address. Lagonda Club Limited is the Data Controller for the purpose of the DPA. There is also the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).